- It is India’s anti-espionage act that has carried on from the British colonial period.
- It states clearly that actions which involve helping an enemy state against India are strongly condemned.
- It also states that one cannot approach, inspect, or even pass over a prohibited government site or area.
- In any proceedings against the person for an offence under this act, the fact that he has been in communication with or attempted to communicate with a foreign agent whether within India or outside India is relevant and enough to necessary at prosecution.
- Whistleblower Protection Act
- RTI Act
- Right to Information overrides Official Secrets Act?