- The Inca Empire also known as the Incan Empire and the Inka Empire, was the largest empire in pre-Columbian America.
- Its political and administrative structure is considered by most scholars to have been the most developed in the Americas before Columbus’ arrival
- The administrative, political and military center of the empire was located in Cusco, Peru.
- The Inca civilization arose from the Peruvian highlands sometime in the early 13th century.
- Its last stronghold was conquered by the Spanish in 1572.